Shooting feels like pointing lazer. Game can be better if weapons acts better.
A downloadable game for Windows
JICE is a first person platformer, set in a ruined candy factory.
Find your path to the end in the fastest way possible using wall running, jumping and more! Avoid or destroy hostile robots and keep your energy level at check - if it drops too low, you won't be able to go as fast.
- WASD for movement;
- Space for jump and double jump;
- Hold W while on a wall to wall run.
- Unzip folder
- Run SciFiShooter.exe
- Patch v1.3.1-alpha - minor changes and bug fixesJun 12, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
You've created a very sweet and unique art style. All the objects in the level are well crafted. This game looks fun to play, which is not commonly found. The controls feel nice which is a big plus.
Dropping into the main level was very daunting. The level provided no sense of location or progression. I felt lost since all I saw in front of me was a cluster of objects. I noticed differents paths, but they all felt meaningless to me.
This game could benefit from landmarks that act as checkpoints. These landmarks could be big floating islands with some kind unique shape or structure. Gameplay wise, the landmarks would give the player an understanding of where he/she is in the level (i.e. progression). Between each landmark/checkpoint, you could introduce some kind of new challenge or twist. Art wise, these landmarks could give the player a moment to take in the world you crafted. You're models feel alive and an interesting environment and subtle story will greatly improve your game.
I love this game and it has one of the best consepts I have ever seen
God, I love the feeling of getting on a good run with this. Building up speed bouncing between walls over a bottomless pit is pretty dang entertaining.
We had an absolute blast playing your game!! We would love to see more levels added, if you guys continue with development!!
Thank you for playing AND making an entertaining video :D
oki, actually its veeeery fun! :3
This is acutally a really great and potential game, so here is a list of things I would like to see on the next update:
- Custom sensitivity: Players can customize their mouse sensitivity (I got used to low sensitivity lol)
- Custom bindings: Same as above, I'm used to using Mouse-wheel to jump, but the game force me to use Space.
- Custom crosshair?: You know what I mean right?
- Low/High graphics option: My computer can run it smoothly but my laptop can't, I think you should add this to the game becasue there might be some players with potato computers but still want to play the game.
- "Back to Main Menu" and "Settings" button: During the game, when I press Esc I only see "Return" and "Quit", so that means I have to exit the game and launch it again in order to change the settings of the game.
- Better UI?: I think the font and the UI seem a little bit disappointing if compared to the gameplay and the graphics. The font you are currently using for your game is kinda like a modern, business-ish font, so I would suggest using a cute handwritting font or a sans font. And the button UI looks like some low-effort rectangles and circles created using MS Paint (please don't take this too seriously :>)
- Multiplayer?: idk, maybe :)
- Reloading: I don't know if you were intended to put infinite ammo in your game or not, but I think there should be some "reloading" in the game tho.
- Death transition thingy: When the player dies, there should be some transitioning (blacked out, whited out, red screen, bla bla bla) rather than a roughly respawn animation.
- More weapons: Everyone wants more weapons, duh
- Stuck spots: The only map in the game has some stuck spots, you should fix those :>
- More maps: As I mentioned, "The only map in the game".
Those are just my opinion, sorry for the wall-of-text and bad english, really looking foward to see what the next updates will have :>
Edit: Actually the font isn't that bad tbh.
es un juegos muy corto y solo el tutorial y ¿un nivel? sea muy poco . si le pusieran otros niveles y arreglaran la sencivilidad y explicaran que asen todos los objetos seria un juego divertido
is it compatible with a mac?, if not please do so i really love this game idea and would love to play it!!!
Awesome game! Massive potential for more levels, the jump pad doughnuts were a bit off to me, lacked power then again i might not have been jumping right. but i loved the design the movement id love to see more of this!!
Game can not be minimized with windows start button on keyboard. game freeze when i fall down. Please add bottom floor.Please update game to directx12 with raytracing support. I can not set antialiasing. Playstation 3 gamepad was not tested. Game is not translated to slovak. God bless you.
Okay, thank you for telling us about these! Right now we are not planning on adding any other language support besides english, but we will think about it in the future.
had a lot of fun with this!
Its was Fun thx for making the Game :)
Really cool game! I like the idea of it being in an old candy factory, the colors and art style was so nice! This game has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see what you will come up with in the future :D
I don't know if you've heard of Game Development World Championship before (gdwc2019) but it's a competition for indie game developers where they can submit their games and it's free! It's great if you want some more visibility for the game and it only takes a couple of minutes to join :)
great fun, has room for improvements. more levels would be a plus, but something as simple as a scoring system for when you kill robots, or a timer to see how fast you can finish the level would add a lot of fun
Thank.We are working on these improvements. Perhaps on June 19 they will appear in the build.
I enjoyed that, I like your aesthetic and general feel. The "FPS mechanics" feel sorely lacking though. There's room for improvment but I like what you've got so far
I thought the colors were visually pleasing. Also I never thought of a shooter game taking place in such a sweet place so props for originality there.
Instaling it right now, by the comments,
I think it's cool.
+ Really cool platform idea;
- Needs harder enemies, its possible to beat the game without dying of not enough energy;
~ I see this game in the future, on Steam with a Multiplayer platform-racing-fps game.
This was an absolute blast! I do think the fps elements were a little under utilized, but I'd still love to see this world and these mechanics expanded upon! Great work!